Chia pudding is one of my go-to, guilt-free sweet snacks...
For me, its a great alternative to tapioca or rice pudding and when made with dairy-free ingredients, chia pudding (IMO) is still as satisfying as the dairy options.
I love chia pudding as much as I love packing as many nutrients as possible into any single dish, so, its only natural that I found a way to make the already pretty nutritious pudding into a protein-powerhouse of a treat. In this recipe alone, you're getting 25g of protein and 17g of fiber! Happy eating.
Vegan Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding
- 1 cup organic vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop organic vegan vanilla protein podwer (I use Nutiva vanilla vegan protein powder)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (I buy mine separated from the fruit)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Add all dry ingredients, except chia seeds, to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk together to blend evenly.
- Add almond milk and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Whisk together, briskly, until all ingredients are blended into a smoothie-like texture (no lumps or bumps!).
- Fetch your chia seeds. While whisking, slowly add chia seeds to bowl. Whisk until chia seeds are completely covered by the almond milk mixture.
- Choose your serving dish. You can make 2 smaller, snack portions by using two 1 cup ramekins or you can make one larger portion using a mason jar. (I chose a mason jar).
- Pour chia pudding mixture into dish. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours ( I like to set overnight).
- Remove from refrigerator. You can finally use those pomegrante seeds now! Sprinkle seeds and any other fruit or nut garnish you'd like, on top.
Serves 1-2 depending on how generous you're feeling ;)